Valley : Loup
Allowed period : all year round
Minimum age: 14 years old
Max abseiling : 100m
Maximum : 6 persons
Price : 100 € / person
It is very important that you remember to take SPORTS SHOES IN GOOD CONDITION. Sandals, ballet flats and other light shoes that do not provide sufficient protection for the feet are totally forbidden.You can also take with you :
– A pair of leather gloves.
– A small backpack.
– Something to replenish your strength, cereal bars, dried fruit, etc.
– A bottle of water.
– Your medical treatment if you need it during the activity, the instructor can take it in his bag.
– If you have long hair, a rubber band to hang it up.
– If you use your glasses, a cord to fix them so that you don’t lose them.
– If you have a camera, you can take it with you under your own responsibility, but you should have a lanyard to avoid losing your equipment.
– And finally, your best smile is a must !
The Canyon du Tunnel is 400m lower downstream than the Bès de Courmes waterfall on the left side of the Loup. Starting from the village of Courmes, a short approach walk through the forest quickly leads to the start of the course. The first abseils are quite small and allow you to revise your descent techniques gently before tackling the highlight of the show! The icing on the cake is a 100m abseil with a panoramic view of the Gorges du Loup. This is certainly the biggest abseiling experience in the Alpes-Maritimes. If you are motivated by the challenges or if you want to beat your record in height; it is the ideal place, the change of scenery in this mineral world is grandiose !
If you come from the bottom of the Loup valley, when you are in Pont du Loup 06140, take the D6 in the direction of “Gréolières les Neiges”, after 2km, you will cross a first tunnel of about 400m. The car park of the meeting place is just on the left after this tunnel. If you come from the top of the valley by the D3, take the D6 direction “Nice”, after 2km you will cross the “Saut du Loup” on your left, then a first tunnel, continue to descend. You will cross a bridge and then a second very small tunnel with the big Cascade de Courmes on your left. Go down another 300m, the car park will be just on your right before the third tunnel.